Harford County Employment Resources
Workforce development opportunities available at Harford Community College include:
- Computer training
- Healthcare training
- Industrial/Technical training
- Information Assurance training
- Leadership/Management training
- Project Management
- Basic education skills upgrade training
Harford County Office of Economic Development
Work Force Training Grants
- Matching grants available to manufacturers
- Provide business incentives for accelerating the delivery of technical training
- No limit or maximum number of grants awarded to a company
- Grants are awarded on a competitive basis
Workforce Technical Training Grant
Instructions and applications are available here in Adobe Acrobat Format. Obtain a free copy of Acrobat Viewer from their website.
The goal of this program is to provide matching funds to Harford County businesses for use in accelerating the delivery of technical training for existing employees. This training will contribute to the expansion or improvement of production capabilities. Details of the program include:
- Training for intermediate or advanced technical skills for existing employees
- Business must be located in Harford County at time of training
- Manufacturing / Industrial / Engineering firms
Army Community Service - Aberdeen Proving Ground Garrison
Provide recruitment assistance to civilian personnel, early retirees from Aberdeen Proving Ground, and spouses of military. For information, contact 410-278-9669.
Open Doors Career Center, Inc.is a private, nonprofit corporation assisting individuals forced into the employment market due to loss of income or new life situations.
- Career counseling
- Pre-employment training
- Personal development workshops
Susquehanna Workforce Network, Inc. is a private, nonprofit corporation that oversees, coordinates or plans workforce development programs and services for businesses and individuals to maximize regional economic success and worker potential.
- Recruitment Assistance
- Incumbent Worker Training
- Labor Market Information
- Skill Enhancement
- Continuing Education
W.A.G.E. Connection is under the direction of the Harford County Department of Social Services.
- One-stop, state-of-the-art employment facility for Harford County residents receiving temporary cash assistance
- Job readiness, placement and retention services
- Employers hiring participants are entitled to various tax credits
- Long Term Welfare to Work Credit
- Employment Opportunity Credit
- Work Opportunity Tax Credit